A funeral plan is a secure and cost-effective way of ensuring that your funeral is arranged and paid for in advance at today's prices. It's a thoughtful way to make things easier for your family at what will be a distressing time. You'll have arranged everything in advance: chosen your funeral director, specified your wishes and taken care of the funeral costs.
There are many financial and emotional benefits of arranging a 50+ Funeral Plan.
- Taking a decision now to plan for your funeral and to cover funeral costs at today's prices is a sound financial decision. Back in 2004, an average funeral cost around £1,920. However, recent research (Mintel 2013) shows the average cost of a funeral in the UK in 2013 is now £3,456 – an increase of 80% in just nine years, well above the general level of inflation. If this trend continues, the average cost of a funeral in 2022 will be more than £6,220.
- A guarantee of no more to pay for the funeral director's services.
- Peace of mind knowing that the arrangements are taken care of in advance.
- Relieves family and loved ones of any stress at what will be undoubtedly be a very difficult time.
- Ensures that your EXACT wishes are known; even down to the type of music you would like.
You can choose from a number of plan options to match your budget and preferences, and specify particular requirements within those options. You can decide everything in advance if you wish – and there's no charge for changing or updating your wishes at a later stage.
Taking out a plan is a simple and thoughtful way to provide for you family and take care of things you would prefer not to pass on after you've gone, such as funeral costs and the stress of making detailed arrangements. Instead you give your family the comfort and reassurance that they are carrying out your specific wishes.